1) If you are being audited by the IRS or owe taxes to the IRS, you should contact a tax attorney. An experienced tax attorney can represent you before the IRS and often prevent enforcement action such as bank levies, asset seizures and wage garnishments. Further, your tax attorney can help you resolve the tax issue, as well as help educate you to hopefully prevent the issues from occurring in the future. John McGuire is an experienced Denver tax attorney at The McGuire Law Firm and has successfully represented hundreds to thousands of businesses and individuals before the IRS.
2) If you are starting a business, a tax attorney can educate you on the tax issues and implications regarding the taxation of different business entities, and tax affects to the business owners. Further, if your business will have employees, a tax attorney can help you understand your requirements regarding withholding taxes, 941 returns and federal tax deposits. A Denver tax attorney can assist you with the formation of your businesses and in understanding your tax responsibilities.
3) If you are considering gifting or transferring property to loved ones or other parties, a tax attorney can help draft the necessary documents and advise you regarding the federal tax implications. A tax attorney will often work with clients regarding the advantages of gifting within their estate plan and execute these gifting strategies within the estate planning documents.
4) Your considering buying a rental property, but do not understand depreciation and how the rental property will impact your individual income tax return. A tax attorney can help you understand these issues and thus allow you to take full benefit of the federal tax code and likely reduce your personal income tax. A Denver tax attorney at The McGuire Law Firm can outline the tax implications and issues to consider when purchasing rental properties, in addition to other issues such as liability.
5) You have not filed tax returns in a while and are scared of the IRS. Call a tax attorney immediately. The longer you wait, the worse the situation will become. A Denver tax attorney at The McGuire Law Firm can contact the IRS on your behalf, obtain information & transcripts and help you prepare and file returns with the IRS. If the tax returns once filed result in a tax debt, we can help you resolve your IRS debt with an offer in compromise, installment agreement or other resolution option.
Call us at 720-833-7705 to speak with a Denver tax attorney and schedule your free consultation.