Mon - Fri : 9:00-5:00
Free Consultation


Capital Asset
Taxation of Investors, Traders, & Dealers in Securities
Defining Investors, Traders, Securities & Dealers Many individuals (and businesses) buy stock and securities with the hopes and intent of the securities appreciating and perhaps paying interest or dividends. What determines when an individual is treated as an investor, dealer, or trader? Furthermore, what are the tax treatment and proper way to report income and...
Read More
What is a capital asset?  What is not a capital asset?  These are important questions, especially when selling, transferring or exchanging assets because the sale of a capital asset creates capital gain.  The article below discusses capital assets and non-capital assets. It is likely that the majority of your personal possessions and investments are capital...
Read More

Recent Comments