At The McGuire Law Firm a Denver tax attorney will assist clients in resolving IRS debts, audits and other matters, as well as applying the tax laws to our client’s individual and business issues. John McGuire has obtained an additional degree in taxation known as an LL.M. His additional knowledge and education in taxation helps resolve IRS issues and assist clients regarding their business transactions, estate planning and overall tax planning.
In addition to resolving client’s matters before the Internal Revenue Service, a Denver tax attorney at The McGuire Law Firm applies their tax knowledge in the following areas and circumstances.
- Tax implications regarding choice of entity and business structure
- Estate planning: Drafting of wills, trusts and other estate planning documents
- Tax planning to legitimately lower federal and state taxes
- Tax implications regarding the sale, transfer or disposition of business assets and/or business interests
- Matters before the United States Tax Court
- Federal gift tax issues upon the gifting of property to family or charitable organizations
- Taxation of rental properties and passive business interests